Call : +86-21-58386189, 58386176

can you put cement powder over an existing pea gravel driveway

Stone For Driveways: What You Can And Can't Use - Luxury ...

Installing a gravel or stone driveway is more economical than a concrete, asphalt or paver driveway. ... ensure you better results and less issues and a better surface. Most commonly used is 57 Granite, Crusher run, Small pea gravel and even Alabama Path Stone. ... as the granite Fines (sandy material) can wash a little over time. Alabama Path.

How to Regravel a Driveway | Home Guides | SF Gate

5. Ask the dump truck driver to release your gravel order evenly over the length of the driveway. You can do this yourself if you picked it up in your own truck by pushing it out the back while ...

adding quikrete to my gravel driveway? | Yahoo Answers

Apr 09, 2009· This Site Might Help You. RE: adding quikrete to my gravel driveway? What would happen if I pored some quikrete over my gravel driveway? Are there any benefits to this? My driveway is a little slippery and my tires spin in some places when Im driving up and down the driveway. Would this help? Would it hurt? Would it look ugly?

Pea Gravel (rock Finish) - Concrete & Paving - Contractor Talk

May 19, 2010· The epoxy finishes that I have seen would be placed on an existing slab and can be placed as a finished floor over wood framing. You can get many different color and finish of stones with the epoxy method. With ready mix concrete you are pretty much stuck with whatever the plant has to offer. Good luck with it. _____

How to Create a Low-Maintenance, All-Gravel Driveway ...

But when the paving crew is finished, usually in a couple of hours, you have what looks like an upscale, all-gravel driveway without gravel's maintenance headaches: There's no raking stones out of the yard or adding new ones every year. And when it snows, the surface can be cleared with care using a plow or a snowblower, just like regular pavement.

How to Install a Pea Gravel Driveway | DoItYourself.com

Make sure you cut it wide enough to cover the entire width of the driveway as well as the edging. Install the edging, tucking it carefully along the edges so that it won't move over time. Step 4 - Pour the Pea Gravel. Use the wheel barrel to transfer the pea gravel from the pile to the driveway.

Adding gravel to existing driveway? | Hunt Talk

Mar 26, 2018· You can just about train them like cats to use a litter box with pea gravel wherever you want them to pee. Crushed limestone with fines is pretty hard to beat for a driveway. It packs down over time and becomes smooth and nearly concrete like.

Can Gravel be Laid on Top of Tarmac?

Gravel, being a 'soft' driveway medium, needs a soft bedding. Health and Safety The problem with laying gravel on any hard surface, such as Tarmac or Concrete, is that it will roll around. This is unsafe and also means that you'll lose the gravel quite quickly. As cars drive over it the gravel will be squeezed out to the sides and into whatever ...

How to stabilize pea gravel? | LawnSite

Apr 09, 2015· I just put down some pea gravel around my fire pit area and now anytime someone walks on it the gravel gets into the mulch and all over. didn't think far enough on this one. Is there something I can pour over it to make it hard like a chattahoochee or something similar?

Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway

Apr 15, 2005· I was wondering if anyone tried mixing powder concrete with gravel or spreading concrete powder on top ... Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway ... that water will not be able to go through the CTB and then you would need to grade a crown into the CTB before adding gravel. Be sure to put in all your utilities before placing the CTB

Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway - Page 2

Apr 16, 2015· Re: Mixing concrete powder into the gravel - driveway If you want to make "soil concrete" be ready to put down more than a bag or two. It is good stuff, but that does not mean you can get by with 1/10th the cement to make the concrete.

10 Gravel Driveway Maintenance Tips that Won't Drive YOU ...

Large or flat gravel pieces or smooth, roundish rocks cause problems such as pits. The pea-sized gravel tends to clump when pressed down by a tire, which is helpful. The "quick fix" approach to gravel driveway maintenance – Over time, your gravel drive will inevitably develop potholes. You can get a pick and shovel and even out the gravel ...

Help needed - Solidifying a gravel path

Sep 03, 2010· Help needed - Solidifying a gravel path. I have lots of fine (7mm) gravel paths around the garden. ... and how to bind it - for example can I just throw some dry cement over the top of it? Any advice would be greatfully received. 16th Jun 2008 ... you will never get gravel to stay put. If you really want that gravel look, mix up concrete, and ...

Can you put more concrete on top of old concrete - Answers

Nov 15, 2009· You need to stabilize the old concrete before pouring new over it. If you put new over old, it needs to be at least a couple inches thick else it will not cure properly. ... Pea gravel, crushed ...

Tar-and-Chip Driveway Pros and Cons

Building a tar-and-chip driveway is a pretty simple process. First, as with most driveway materials, a gravel base is installed. Then, hot liquid asphalt is poured over the gravel. This is followed by a coating of loose stones, which are rolled into the bitumen to form the finished surface.

Can I build a gravel driveway over sand? - Home ...

Can I build a gravel driveway over sand? Ask Question Asked 3 years ... long it lasts before sand comes through (if it does). The gravel will work into the sand, but this is not bad at all (concrete is sand, gravel and a cement, 2 out of the 3). ... How do I widen an existing asphalt driveway with crushed gravel? 4. What size gravel works best ...

How to Pack Down Rock Before Pouring Concrete | Home ...

Set form boards in place along the perimeter of where you will put the concrete surface. ... run it over the gravel to pack the material tight. ... "How to Pack Down Rock Before Pouring Concrete ...

How to Cover a Concrete Patio in Pea Gravel | DoItYourself.com

If you have a concrete patio you may want to cover it in pea gravel. Pea gravel is small gravel pebbles that are commercially sold at home improvement centers. The gravel is rounded like small peas, which is how it received its name. It is easy to walk on and provides a nice decorative element for your concrete …

Gravel Driveway 101: The Definitive Buyers Guide to Gravel ...

Gravel Driveway 101: The Definitive Buyers Guide to Gravel Driveways A gravel driveway is the perfect choice for a countryside residence and is also your cheapest driveway option . In this driveway guide we will look at the many different types of gravel you can use to create your own unique style.

Best Gravel for Your Driveway - 9 Top Options - Bob Vila

Basement & Garage; The 9 Best Types of Gravel for Your Driveway When you think of a gravel driveway, you may imagine a sleepy, dusty lane that leads to a quaint rural cottage or farmhouse on a ...

What can you put on top of a crushed concrete driveway ...

Pea gravel, crushed granite or asphalt. ... What can you put on top of a crushed concrete driveway ... Keep a few wheel barrells full of concrete ready so you can get rid of the truck and still ...

How to Change Gravel Surface Into Asphalt Pavement in 5 ...

Jul 07, 2016· Disadvantages of a Gravel Driveway or Parking Lot. As time goes on, you may have started to notice a few of the following issues with your gravel driveway or gravel parking lot: Difficulty with Snow Removal: Here in the Midwest, snow and ice removal can be difficult on gravel surfaces. Using salt or sand on top of the snow and gravel is one of ...

Resurfacing Concrete

DEAR MARCIA: Resurfacing concrete with an overlay over existing concrete surfaces is a fantastic way to extend the life of a driveway, sidewalk, patio or porch. Believe it or not, this is a great DIY project if you just practice first on a smaller concrete slab. Super Strong. The new surface will be durable and certainly more long lasting than the original finish if you diligently follow a few ...

Can you just dump junk gravel to make a driveway cheaply ...

Jan 16, 2017· It depends a bit on what you mean by gravel. The term used in the trade is crushed stone and there are several types and grades. Crushed stone can make a good driveway but it needs to be done right. You can't just dump a load, spread it out and ex...

Adding Cement Mix to Gravel Driveway | Hunker

Rarely, it is appropriate to add cement mix over a gravel driveway. Many cement driveways use pea gravel under the cement to prevent the cement from cracking and breaking when the ground shifts. However, most gravel used for this purpose is specifically designed to be used under cement.

Can You Pour Concrete Over Existing Concrete? | Hunker

Breaking up the old concrete to pour new requires more work, but can you pour concrete over existing walkway or patio surfaces successfully? If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up. Proper prep work is key to success when layering new concrete over old.

What to use to harden up a gravel driveway - Home ...

I have a gravel driveway uphill. I put new 1/2" rock gravel in last fall because of washout. I also spread concrete and sprayed it, but it didn't take. I have a 05 Harley Davidson Road King custom that I can't get up or down the driveway without almost dumping it. Can I put anything on it to harden it up enough to get my bike up and down?

Replace Asphalt Blacktop with Concrete Gravel Over Asphalt

If you put a thin coating of stone on the old asphalt, aggressive drivers can spin the tires of cars and trucks and the asphalt will be exposed. The new stone will not interlock with the old asphalt. You should really read my column about how to build a great gravel drive to understand what's going on and why the shape of the stones is so ...